Founded in 2010, Anthemis Group is the leading venture investment and advisory firm at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and financial institutions, dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital age. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and enthusiastic problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial services.
We are looking for an Associate to join our Investment Partnership team based in our London office. Our Investment Partnership team is responsible for the end-to-end management of customised venture investment portfolios for select incumbent financial institutions. This individual will work alongside other Associates and Directors to contribute to the origination, evaluation and execution of technology investments. The successful candidate will ideally bring experience of either investing in or building a financial services technology startup.
Scope of the role:
- Assist the investment team in analysing early stage technology companies. Typical reviews will include analysis on market sizing, assessment of technology, understanding of business model and product/service, competitive positioning, regulatory and execution risks and reviews of founding teams.
- Assist in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process.
- Extract and synthesise ongoing research and track relevant trends and developments across the financial services industry, including new propositions, analytics and data, artificial intelligence and automation, digital health, risk management, mobility and asset management.
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events, scan the market for potential investment opportunities and contribute to the overall dealflow sourcing.
- Track, manage and update dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Attend investment pitches and meetings with prospective investment companies and current Anthemis portfolio companies.
- Create pre-investment meeting summaries including background on companies, founders and competitors in the space.
- Assist in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies post-investment.
- Prepare periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
Experience & Expertise:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with a VC firm or experience playing a key role in a financial services technology startup or accelerator.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology and financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills, with comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectually curious and team-oriented.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
Appropriate working permit in the UK/EU.
- The opportunity to develop professionally at one of the most respected financial services technology players and interact with our broader ecosystem, all within a flexible working environment.
- Private Healthcare by Vitality - your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme.
- Company pension - up to 3% matching & Group Life Assurance Scheme 4 x salary benefit
- Holidays - it's important you take time off! You get 25 days throughout the year to take a well earned rest. In addition, you get 8 public bank holidays, so a total of 33 days.
- Regular yoga classes, pamper sessions and office snacks to encourage a healthy work / life balance.